Liar Game Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Posting Rules For Round 1

5 posters

Go down

Posting Rules For Round 1 Empty Posting Rules For Round 1

Post  MonkeyBoy Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:39 am

I believe it is quite unfair not to require users to post AT LEAST once a day. How else are we able to evaluate the players' response to the current situation in accordance to how they normally act? If there is no interaction between players, it is nearly impossible to accurately accumulate an idea of who may be the wolf. All we would be doing is postulating randomly, hoping that our lack-of-evidence guesses will be correct.

There are so many players who are not willing to post or chat on xat in order to not stand out either as a loud player that can potentially be the wolf or as the loud player that the wolf wants to kill; there are so many who are quiet that it's too hard to tell under these circumstances who's innocent and who's not.

I thought there was a rule that Leroy posted up before that required users to post at least once a day during Round 1, or the Preliminary Round. Was I mistaken?
MonkeyBoy
MonkeyBoy
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Sincerity

Back to top Go down

Posting Rules For Round 1 Empty Re: Posting Rules For Round 1

Post  Stavros XIII Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:53 am

MonkeyBoy wrote:I believe it is quite unfair not to require users to post AT LEAST once a day. How else are we able to evaluate the players' response to the current situation in accordance to how they normally act? If there is no interaction between players, it is nearly impossible to accurately accumulate an idea of who may be the wolf. All we would be doing is postulating randomly, hoping that our lack-of-evidence guesses will be correct.

There are so many players who are not willing to post or chat on xat in order to not stand out either as a loud player that can potentially be the wolf or as the loud player that the wolf wants to kill; there are so many who are quiet that it's too hard to tell under these circumstances who's innocent and who's not.

I thought there was a rule that Leroy posted up before that required users to post at least once a day during Round 1, or the Preliminary Round. Was I mistaken?

Although I agree with you somewhat, if you are totally clueless with what to do because of the current situation then perhaps this competition may not be suited for you. Perhaps it would be best to try and find out who the wolves are with what we are given, and with what we can provide for ourselves...
Stavros XIII
Stavros XIII
Not a Player

Liar Game Skill : Psychological Warfare experience.

Back to top Go down

Post  MonkeyBoy Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:57 am

What are we given?
In a room full of 13 players, with 3 players who are actively posting and 10 players who haven't posted since the round started and/or don't post often in general, the wolf can just lurk in the shadows. Heck, he doesn't even have to do ANYTHING for a whole day. All he's required to do is kill a person once every two days (every other day, a random sheep would die).

What clues are we left then? The wolf would just start off by killing all 3 loud players and doesn't have to do any thinking in order to kill the quiet people since THEY WILL STAY QUIET FOREVER. They're not going to call doubt on anyone. They won't participate in conversations. Heck, they can just go on vacation to Alaska for all the wolf cares.
MonkeyBoy
MonkeyBoy
Not a Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Stavros XIII Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:01 am

MonkeyBoy wrote:What are we given?
In a room full of 13 players, with 3 players who are actively posting and 10 players who haven't posted since the round started and/or don't post often in general, the wolf can just lurk in the shadows. Heck, he doesn't even have to do ANYTHING for a whole day. All he's required to do is kill a person once every two days (every other day, a random sheep would die).

What clues are we left then? The wolf would just start off by killing all 3 loud players and doesn't have to do any thinking in order to kill the quiet people since THEY WILL STAY QUIET FOREVER. They're not going to call doubt on anyone. They won't participate in conversations. Heck, they can just go on vacation to Alaska for all the wolf cares.

In case you hadn't noticed, all the other groups have the same situation. If those quiet players stay quiet and get killed, that's their fault for being weaker than the wolves. Every other group has already created strategies to determine the wolves, while you are still here complaining. And for all you know, being quiet could be the strategies of those people for whatever reason. It's not so much about what we've been given, but about what we can make.
Stavros XIII
Stavros XIII
Not a Player

Back to top Go down

Post  MonkeyBoy Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:06 am

I know that every group is faced with that situation. That was the whole reason of me stating that hypothetical scenario. I did not say anything that isolated just Group B as the victims of this problem.

I find it quite insulting that you just clearly implicated that I was an incompetent fool. I was not complaining. I was informing the dealers that I think it would be more appropriate to take away the disadvantage the sheep have. And just for your sake, you should be glad you're not in my group. I would be glad to take you on and crush you. :'D

MonkeyBoy
MonkeyBoy
Not a Player

Back to top Go down

Post  Stavros XIII Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:16 am

MonkeyBoy wrote:I know that every group is faced with that situation. That was the whole reason of me stating that hypothetical scenario. I did not say anything that isolated just Group B as the victims of this problem.

I find it quite insulting that you just clearly implicated that I was an incompetent fool. I was not complaining. I was informing the dealers that I think it would be more appropriate to take away the disadvantage the sheep have. And just for your sake, you should be glad you're not in my group. I would be glad to take you on and crush you. :'D

It's fairly obvious that even if I was in your group, you wouldn't be able to crush me at all. You won't listen to reason, so maybe the dictionary shall set you straight; you were complaining. Your first sentence was "I believe it is quite unfair not to require users to post AT LEAST once a day." How is that not a complaint already? The dictionary's definition of complaint is "to express dissatisfaction". I believe that your whole first post was about you expressing disatisfaction, or, if I'm wrong then you're satisfied with the game layout, meaning that the whole meaning of your post is futile. Clearly, you must be BELOW average in terms of potential intelligence if you do not understand the meaning of what you are saying.

"I would be glad to take you on and crush you." Clearly you're finding it difficult to deal with the first round; I and many others, on the other hand, are not finding it as difficult as you are. Clearly this already demonstrates your inability to adapt to difficult situations and your inferiority to me. You constructing a "professional-sounding post/argument" does not make you the best at anything, let alone better than me at anything.

Stavros XIII
Stavros XIII
Not a Player

Back to top Go down