Liar Game Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rules Questions

2 posters

Go down

Rules Questions Empty Rules Questions

Post  Nearco Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:57 am

This thread will contain questions regarding the rules that have been asked. If a question was asked by PM, msn or on the xat, it will remain anonymous.

1) Will the amount payed in the tax collection be made public? Will balance information be made public?
Yes. At the end of each tax collection, we will announce how much was paid, and how much each player has. In addition, since fines can occur, we will be giving the amount after the collector votes are in.

2) Will the number of votes received by each player be made public?
Yes. This was not the case in the playtest, however, due to other changes, we have done so.

3) If an entire group does not pm the dealer, what happens?
This will be treated as a tie. If it happens repeatedly, we will be forced to assume that group is no longer active, and remove that group.

4) Can I lose more than my initial 150 million yen?
No. If you are a tax evader and are being forced to pay more than you have, you will pay your remaining funds.

5) If I post a vote for a player/an amount of tax on the forums, can I pm the dealer a different amount?
Yes. The amount posted on the forums is merely what you are telling the other players. We will not take into account who you claim you voted for on the forums, nor how much you claim to pay on the forums. We will only check if you have made a claim, and if you have PM'd us an amount.

6) Can I decline the position of tax collector?
No. If you are voted to be tax collector, you will be the tax collector that round.

7) If I don't pm you an amount, what happens?
You pay the highest amount for that round, as if you were a tax evader.

8 ) What do you mean "highest amount"?
The largest amount paid in that round. For example, if there are two players who are voluntarily paying, one pays 50 million yen, the other pays 20 million yen, then the highest amount is 50 million.

9) What happens if multiple players send in the same amount, which happens to be the lowest?
It will be treated as a tie. First, we will examine the amounts paid in the previous round by those who tied. If this is inconclusive, we will hold a vote to break the tie. If the vote ends in another tie, a player will be selected randomly.

10) What happens if I buy a contract use, but then realize I don't want it?
You can sell them back for 45 million yen. 5 million yen will be lost.

11) Hey! I didn't do anything! Why am I down 10 million yen?
Because you didn't do anything. We have put in place a posting requirement. During the collector votes, you are required to post "I am voting for X", where X is a player in your group who has not been a tax collector yet. During the taxpaying time, if you are not the Tax Collector or an Evader, you are required to post "I will be paying Y yen", where Y is an amount of money that you can pay. Failure to do this will cost you 10 million yen each time. Make sure you post these. (Variations of these are fine)

12) If three or more players finish at 0 yen, how do you determine the eliminated players?
The two that reached zero first will be eliminated. If this is non-conclusive (due to multiple players reaching 0 at the same time), then a vote will be held. Finally, if the vote is still a tie, it will be decided randomly.

13) If all players in a group abstain from paying, what happens?
We will rehold the round. If all players abstain from paying again, the LGT will decide how much each player pays.

14) Hey! What gives? Why did you eliminate all the inactive players?
See... I have this odd idea where a player is defined as someone who plays. If you sit back and do nothing, it isn't really playing. So, if someone never posted or pm'd their dealer, they aren't really playing. As a result, they aren't players. On the other hand... If one of these inactive people PM the dealer to say that they wish to play, we will let them back in, although they will be treated as having abstained on every vote so far, every payment so far, and missed every posting requirement up to that point.

15) Why didn't I get paid as much as I should have?/Why didn't my money get deducted (not that I'm complaining)?
We dealers are human. Ask us what happened, and we will most likely correct it. It could, of course, occur that we were right, in which case, we will explain the reason, and no correction will be made.

16) Will you disqualify players for inactivity after the first round?
I will not. However, this is something you should consult with your dealer about.

Last edited by Nearco on Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Nearco
Nearco
LGT Dealer

Liar Game Skill : Game Design Miracle Worker

Back to top Go down

Rules Questions Empty Re: Rules Questions

Post  Nearco Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:08 am

Just so players know, you can ask questions here, and this does get updated regularly.
Nearco
Nearco
LGT Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Furer Kip Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:41 pm

Just wondering about one of the rules, 'no yen transactions until the end of the game'. Well, the entire game was played through yen transactions, so...

Furer Kip
Banned

Liar Game Skill : Being the most awesome

Back to top Go down

Post  Nearco Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:51 pm

By that, we mean that no transactions between players directly. Everything has to be done as part of the tax system.
Nearco
Nearco
LGT Dealer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down